Due to coronavirus, the coaching team at Leamington have had to remodel the summer holiday junior group coaching programme. We will be following the guidelines as laid out by the government and the LTA. You can see the LTA’s guidance for coaches here:
FORMAT OF THE SESSIONS
Morning Sessions: 9am to midday Monday to Friday
Afternoon Sessions: 1pm to 4pm Monday to Friday
6 weeks of courses starting Monday 20th July and ending Friday 28th August 2020. Places are limited because we are following the coronavirus guidance as set out by the LTA (above).
Children must sign up for the whole week. (You can only do mornings OR afternoon on a given week).
Open to children aged 5-12
As of the latest version of the guidance, there will be 4-8 children, per coach, per court. This may be extended should the guidance change.
Cost: £75 for the week (junior member) / £85 for the week (non-member) – membership details can be found here:
Currently, you can book a maximum of two weeks during the summer holidays (member) or one week (non-member). Following the initial offering, we are currently limiting morning sessions to one week per child.
A round of online booking took place on 6th July. Another round will go live on Monday 13th July – here is the link:
On reserving a place, you will be sent an email with payment instructions. To confirm that place, you will need to transfer the payment within 48 hours. Your place will be released if payment is not received.
If you wish to cancel your child’s place, please drop Tony an email: email@example.com
A full refund will be issued if:
- It is at least 72 hours before the start of the first day of camp; or
- We can fill your place from the reserve list at short notice.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE SESSIONS
A drink and a snack.
Sun-cream / cap / rain coat (depending on the weather).
You don’t need your own tennis racket, but if you would like to borrow one, please let us know beforehand. We will provide a racket but ask your child to keep it for the week (take it home with them) and only hand it back after we finish on the Friday.
The session will be on each day regardless of the weather or weather forecast.
In the case of rain, we would ask that the children bring a raincoat as will play in that.
In the case of a heavier shower, we will have a structure outside to shelter the children and we will have tennis related games and quizzes to do with the children until conditions improve.
DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD TO THE SESSIONS IF THEY, YOU, OR ANYONE THEY LIVE WITH, ARE DISPLAYING SYMPTOMS OF THE CORONAVIRUS.
These symptoms are:
- High temperature – feel hot to the touch on chest or back or as recorded with a thermometer
- New, continuous cough, coughing a lot more for more than one hour, or 3 or 4 more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or test (Anosmia).
- Please also remember that children who are unwell with other symptoms should not be coming to these sessions
What do I do if I think I or my child or anyone else who lives with us has symptoms of the Coronavirus?
- Do not come to the club.
- Self-isolate for as per the government’s directions https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
- Follow the guidance on the NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Arrange to be tested https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-for-coronavirus/
Try and arrange this as soon as possible because the tests are most effective if done during the first five days and there is sometimes a waiting lists for tests.
- Inform Tony if you or anyone you live with has been tested and also what the result was when you receive it. It is vital that you do this as soon as you have the result as it will affect other families who have attended the session that week.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Tony: firstname.lastname@example.org